▪ What's with the "Big J" nickname? I talked with a buddy of mine for years about opening my ideal gun shop. He jokingly started calling it "Big J's" (hopefully for the size of my idea and dimensions of my dream gun store, rather than the size of my waistline). So when I started this, the name just stuck.
▪ Where are you located? I'm located just north of San Antonio, Texas near Highway 281.
▪ Do I have to visit your office to purchase a firearm? Yes, all firearm purchases/transfers are conducted at my office.
▪ Do I have to fill out paperwork and undergo a background check? What do I need to bring? Yes. I follow ATF policies and guidelines. Customers must fill out the ATF Form 4473 and undergo a NICS background check. Authorized law enforcement representatives and TX CHL/LTC licensees will not undergo the background check. Don't forget to bring your drivers license and TX CHL/LTC if you have one. Service members must bring a copy of their PCS orders and a CPS utility bill (to show their address) if they do not have a TX drivers license.
▪ Do you only sell firearms? No. I also sell ammunition and accessories. I maintain low overhead to keep my prices down, so I order ammo and accessories as needed.
▪ I have a firearm and would like to sell it. Can you help? Maybe. I would need a detailed description of the firearm and see it in person. I specialize in new firearms, but used firearms in very good condition are not off the table.
▪ Do you do firearm transfers and what is you transfer fee? Yes. You can also order a gun online and have the seller ship it to me. I charge a $30 transfer fee per firearm.
▪ Do you do any gunsmith work? No. I am not a gunsmith. I will mount optics and some accessories, but I leave the real gunsmith work to the pros.
▪ How often do you update your inventory and website? I update my inventory and website as often as possible. Updates during hunting season tend to be a little slower.
▪ Do I have to pay sales tax? Yes. I charge 8.25% sales tax on all sales.
▪ Do you sell at gun shows? I do not attend gun shows since I prefer a much more relaxed environment to conduct business.
▪ Do you specialize in any particular type of firearms sales? I do not specialize in any particular type of firearms. Just let me know what you are looking for and I will do my best to find the perfect gun for you.
▪ Are there items that you do not sell and cannot order? I do not sell fully automatic weapons, silencers/suppressors, or explosives.
▪ Do you give special discounts? Depending on the firearms involved, I may be able to work a multiple gun purchase discount.
▪ Do you teach concealed handgun courses or firearm safety courses? No, I am not a certified trainer. For those unfamiliar with handguns, I can conduct an informal block of instruction on basic handgun marksmanship with a laser trainer. I can also provide basic rifle marksmanship block of instruction with advanced notice. - $30 for a 30 minute block of instruction - $50 for a 60 minute block of instruction