Here are some of the frequently asked questions that I usually get. If you have a question that isn't addressed, just shoot me an email. - "Big J" ▪ What's with the "Big J" nickname? I talked with a buddy of mine for years about opening my ideal gun shop. He jokingly started calling it "Big J's" (hopefully for the size of my idea and dimensions of my dream gun store, rather than the size of my waistline). So when I started this, the name just stuck.
▪ Where are you located? I'm located just north of San Antonio, Texas near Highway 281.
▪ Do I have to visit your office to purchase a firearm? Yes, all firearm purchases/transfers are conducted at my office.
▪ Do I have to fill out paperwork and undergo a background check? What do I meed to bring? Yes. I follow all ATF policies and guidelines just like if you purchased a firearm from any retail store. Customers must fill out the ATF Form 4473 and undergo a NICS background check. Authorized law enforcement representatives and TX CHL licensees do not require the NICS background check. Don't forget to bring your drivers license and TX CHL if you have one. Service members must bring a copy of their PCS orders and a CPS utility bill (to show their address) if they do not have a TX drivers license.
▪ Do you only sell firearms? No. I also sell ammunition and accessories. I am a small business with limited space and maintain low overhead to keep my prices down, so I order ammo and accessories as needed. Most requests are for ammo, optics, and holsters.
▪ I have a firearm and would like to sell it. Can you help? I would need a detailed description of the firearm and see it in person. I specialize in new firearms, but used firearms in very good condition are not off the table. The used firearms on my website are in Excellent or Very Good condition.
▪ Do you do firearm transfers and what is you transfer fee? I will do transfers to a licensed FFL or you can order a gun online and have the seller ship it to me. I charge a $30 transfer fee per firearm.
▪ Do you do any gunsmith work? I am not a gunsmith. I will mount optics and some accessories, but I leave the real gunsmith work to the pros.
▪ Why do you keep a small inventory? First, I limited space for inventory. Second, I prefer to get customers exactly what they want versus just buying what I have available.
▪ How often do you update your inventory and website? I update my inventory and website as often as possible. Updates during hunting season tend to be a little slower.
▪ Do I have to pay sales tax? Yes. I charge 8.25% sales tax on all sales.
▪ Do you sell at gun shows? I do not attend gun shows since I prefer a more relaxed environment to conduct business.
▪ Do you specialize in any particular type of firearms sales? I do not specialize in any particular type/style of firearms. For hunting, personal defense, competitive shooting, or plinking, just let me know what you are looking for and I will do my best to find the perfect gun for you.
▪ Are there items that you do not sell and cannot order? I do not sell fully automatic weapons, silencers/suppressors, or explosives.
▪ Do you give any special discounts? My prices are extremely competitive and there is little margin for further discounts. However, depending on the firearms involved, I can work in a multiple gun purchase discount.
▪ Do you teach concealed handgun courses or firearm safety courses? I am not a certified trainer. For those unfamiliar with handguns, I can conduct an informal block of instruction on basic handgun marksmanship with a laser trainer. I can also provide basic rifle marksmanship block of instruction with advanced notice. - $30 for a 30 minute block of instruction - $50 for a 60 minute block of instruction